Skip to Content

Public adjusters help you find hidden damage

Written by: Sill Public Adjusters

Public adjusters help you find hidden damage

Public adjusters help you find hidden damage

Hiring a public adjuster is your best option for achieving a successful outcome for a property damage insurance claim.

Insurance claims can be complex, especially for property owners who are not experts in insurance policy law or property damage inspections.

A recent article published by Deco Alert describes how water damage can lead to extensive damage to your home or business. It also explains how a public adjuster is different from your insurance adjuster.

What is covered in a water damage claim?

It is essential to understand what is or is not covered by your insurance policy during a water damage claim. If rising floodwaters caused the damage, your property might not be covered unless you have specific flood coverage in your policy.

Your policy should cover your damages for water damage caused by other sources. For example, if a tree falls on the roof during a storm and rainwater causes further damage, you should be covered.

Water damage from a broken water supply line would also be covered if the leak was sudden and accidental. 

It is possible that your policy does not cover damage caused by a gradual leak that slowly spreads.

How is a public adjuster different from an insurance adjuster?

If you file an insurance claim, your insurance company will send their adjuster to your property. Their adjuster will inspect the damage, ask you for proof of loss documentation, and they will decide about the value of your settlement.

If you hire a public adjuster, you will have an insurance claim expert representing your best interest throughout the claim. A public adjuster can review your policy to identify all coverages you are entitled to. A public adjuster can also carefully inspect the property damage and produce a complete proof of loss report.

A public adjuster can also negotiate directly with the insurance adjuster about the settlement amount you are entitled to. When you hire a public adjuster, you will have an insurance expert working for you who represents your best interest.

Finding hidden damage.

A public adjuster works for the property owner throughout the claim. This means a public adjuster will take the extra steps necessary to find all damage to your property. When water damages your home or business, it can lead to rotting wood, mold, bacteria, rusting metals, and additional damage to cabinets, hardwood flooring, and other building materials.

Our team at Sill will use tools like a moisture meter to ensure that damage hidden behind walls is discovered. Taking these extra steps ensures that your property restoration repairs everything that has been damaged.

Hiring a public adjuster is a good idea because it levels the playing field. Your insurance company will likely send a team of people to your property once you file an insurance claim. A public adjuster will attend all meetings and property tours, and they will be there to answer any questions from your insurance adjuster.

If you have a public adjuster there through every step of your claim, we will ensure you get the insurance settlement you deserve.

Who is the leading public adjusting firm?

Sill is the leading public adjusting firm in North America. Our company has been in business for more than 90 years, and we represent hundreds of property owners each year. We specialize in large commercial property insurance claims.

We can also help homeowners who face significant damage claims that are often very long, complex ordeals.

Sill has offices throughout North America and Canada, which means we can respond to any location within hours. Sill is one of only a few public adjusting firms with a team of insurance policy and building and contents damage experts.

We also have a team of forensic accountants who can help business owners successfully navigate a business interruption claim.

What is a business interruption claim?

Business interruption is a type of claim business owners may file if damage takes their business offline for some time. You can protect your business with coverage that will allow you to recover any lost revenue.

You can also protect your employees if your coverage allows for continued payroll. Sill has a team of forensic accountants that help business owners recover after a disaster.

When should you hire a public adjuster?

We recommend calling a public adjuster immediately after your property was damaged. Contacting Sill right away can save you countless hours of work at the start of your claim. When you hire Sill, we can get your claim started quickly.

We can schedule meetings with your insurance company's adjuster and produce the proof of loss documentation that will be required. If you hire Sill, you can focus on your recovery plan while we handle your insurance claim.

Our clients choose Sill because they want the most experienced public adjusting firm representing them throughout their claim. Our company has the staff and experience to handle even the most significant property claims at apartment complexes, manufacturing facilities, retail centers, and high-value residential claims.

Our team is available 24/7 at 844.650.7455. Contact Sill right away if your property has been damaged.

Questions to ask before you hire a public adjuster.

If you decide to hire a public adjuster, you need to be sure they are licensed by your state's insurance commission. Only a licensed public adjuster with the appropriate credentials can help with your claim.

You should also ask to hear from previous clients. Sill has a long history of settling claims for our clients. You can read about them in our Sill Success Stories section.

SOURCE | Deco Alert