Skip to Content

7 things often overlooked by an insurance adjuster

Written by: SILL

7 things often overlooked by an insurance adjuster

Public adjusters from Sill can give you a second opinion about any property insurance loss claim.

Whether your property is commercial or residential, the typical first step is to contact your insurance provider to begin your claim.

The insurance company will send one of their claims adjusters to your property to inspect the damage. If you do not contact a public adjuster, you may not see some of the settlement you are entitled to. 

Sometimes, your claim may take longer than necessary, and the insurance adjuster may keep some of the coverages in your policy private.

That is why Sill public adjusters have worked for property owners for over 90 years. Our team of licensed public adjusters handles hundreds of property loss claims each year, and we have numerous offices nationwide.

Working with Sill means you have the nation's leading and most experienced public adjusting firm representing you throughout the claims process.

Here are 7 things often overlooked by an insurance adjuster:

  • Additional coverages in the policy
  • Secondary damages behind the wall, additional impacts
  • Missed scope items missed by the insurance adjuster
  • Inflation factor built into policy needs to be added to the policy limit
  • Potential coverage under another policy like personal property, business owner, or homeowner plan
  • Unusual or high-end items that do not fit standard insurance pricing
  • Additional construction details, including multi-story buildings, elevator restrictions, parking fees

We recommend contacting Sill's team early in your claims process. We can take the burden off property owners and handle all aspects of the insurance claim.

Our team will inspect your property, review your policy, and handle all communications with your insurance company.

Contacting Sill is one of the first 5 things to do right away if your property is damaged.

Get the help you deserve during an insurance property loss by emailing or by calling 844-650-7455.